Okuma Makaira Spinning Reel
The Okuma Makaira series of spinning reels are constructed from some of the strongest and most durable materials in the world, allowing it to be used for large game fish species such as Giant Trevally, Yellowtail, Giant Bluefin Tuna, Marlin, and large sharks. The Makaira spinning reel also boasts:
- Forged aluminum, machine cut body & side plate.
- Forged aluminum, machine cut Cyclonic Flow rotor allowing for faster drying times should the underside of the reel get wet.
- Forged stainless steel main gear.
- Precision machine cut 17-4 grade stainless steel pinion gear.
- Over-sized 17-4 grade stainless steel spool shaft reduces flex.
- Hydro Sealed Body and DFD system for maximum protection creating a 100% sealed reel.
- Carbonite high output drag with Cal’s drag grease.
- Customized pre-set drag system, which works like a lever drag reel.
- Dual anti-reverse system for maximum strength and reliability.
- Quick-Set stainless steel German anti-reverse roller bearing.
- Machined aluminum, 2-tone anodized spool with LCS lip.
- Machined aluminum screw-in handle arm for added strength.
Please note: Tomo's Tackle only stocks left hand retrieve reels, please contact us if you'd like to order one in left-handed retrieve.
|Model||Gear Ratio||# Ball Bearings||Weight (oz)||Line Retreival (in)||Max Drag (Lb)||Mono Line Capacity (mm/yd)||Braided Line Rating (# Test/Yard)|
|MK-10000L||4.9:1||9HPB + 1RB||28.6||40||55|| |
0.32/420, 0.37/300, 0.42/250
|MK-20000L||5.8:1||9HPB + 1RB||35.2||52||66|| |
0.45/450, 0.50/370, 0.55/300
|MK-30000L||5.8:1||9HPB + 1RB||39.1||66||66||0.55/530, 0.60/450, 0.65/380||700/80, 570/100|